Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a New Year!

Welcome to the 2nd day of 2009.  My poor Hannah doesn't understand why we haven't seen the "firelights" and said "Happy New Year!" yet. Poor girl was asleep by 9 pm on Wednesday night.  Of course, Mommy dozed on and off from 9 until midnight, only awake long enough to tell my snoring husband "Happy New Year!"  And boy did she have a meltdown when I told her it was already the new year.  So together around 6 pm last night, we yelled together, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"  She said it's not the same.  LOL.

Of course, along with the New Year comes resolutions.  I try not to get hung up in the craziness of it all.  But this year, my resolutions are not the same as the ones I've had in the past.

Over this coming year, I hope to

  • grow closer to my LORD.  Drive into his Word and continue to learn how to be like Him. 
  • continue to love others like Jesus.
  • be the mother to my children that the LORD wants me to be.  I want to have more patience and understanding with them when it comes to every day things and I want them to see how to love others by my actions. 
  • be the wife to Stephen that I know I can be - I want our relationship to strengthen in ever ay possible.
  • lose the weight I gained with Cayden by living a healthy lifestyle.  I want my entire family to live an active and healthy lifestyle.  This is so important to me.
  • grow closer to my family and friends. I'm tired of superficial relationships.  I want each relationship I have to grow deeper.  Those that don't, are a waste of my time.

So those are my resolutions.  Pretty deep if you ask me. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Those sound like good resolutions to me. Your New Year's sounds abotu like what it was at our house. The boys went to bed as usual and we fell asleep on the couch. I woke at 12:05 to find myself alone on the couch, so I went to bed too. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rose! We hope you have a wonderful day!