Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful

I'm posting this entry on my scrappin' blog, because I was browsing through other scrapper's blogs and came across a very sad story about a couple who was on their way to visit their family over Memorial Day weekend when their car was engulfed by a tornado. They were both found in a field off the highway. The tornado killed them. You can read the news story here.
My heart goes out to the family of this couple. Tears streamed down my face as I read the beautiful tributes written by family and friends. But the most touching post I read was actually one written by one of the sisters-in-law, Jayme. She wrote a tribute to her sisters-in-law. I can't remember the last time I told my sisters-in-law how much I truly love and care about them. We're not nearly as close as we used to be, but my life wouldn't be complete without them. Of course, I'm going to include my little sister as well in this tribute.

13 reasons I love H:
13. She's my sister by birth. As we grew up, we became completely different people, but as we grew older, we became closer than ever.
12. She is so funny. I can still remember the day I introduced her to Stephen. You'll have to ask her about that.
11. She loves my kids unconditionally. I know that she prays for them daily and truly looks forward to seeing them when the opportunity comes about.
10. She loves me unconditionally - even when I'm super emotional and down on myself.
9. She has helped me see what it is to love like Jesus.
8. She has an amazingly beautiful voice that I could listen to all day.
7. She can laugh with me until we both either snort or have to pee, and then the laughter only brings on more laughter and happy tears.
6. She's completely honest with me, but she does so in a very loving way.
5. She's always a phone call (or text message) away.
4. She bears the name I gave her :) Okay, so her name is Heather Joy and not Heather Murphy, but still, I picked out her name
3. She will drop anything to help me out in an emergency (and has, numerous times)
2. She's amazing with children. She's going to be a great mommy!
1. She's one of my best friends.

13 reasons I love R:
13. She's very thoughtful. She is always bringing something little for one of my kids (if not both) just because she HAD to.
12. She gave me my first nephew, and treated me like his aunt, even though it wasn't official until he was 7 months old.
11. She loves my kids unconditionally. I know she prays for them daily.
10. She makes amazing birthday cakes that actually taste as good as they look.
9. She has an amazing faith in the the Lord and all He is capable of. She relies on Him for all the answers, even to some tough questions and situations that would have me running away.
8. She forgives without question.
7. She is so genuine.
6. She is very loyal to her family.
5. She gave me my second nephew and understood that Stephen and I needed time away before we could take time for him. And we love him just the same.
4. She can turn a quick run to the store into a 4 hour shopping marathon and love very minute of it. :)
3. She's a people-pleaser, just like me :)
2. She's a great mother and wife.
1. She's is incredibly generous. She tries to help out wherever she is needed.

13 reasons I love S:
13. She is very creative - whether it's stamping or scrapbooking (traditional or digital). Her projects are amazing.
12. She's been in my life for 14 years - and in those years there has been lots of laughter and tears.
11. She loves my kids unconditionally. I know she prays for them daily.
10. She has a beautiful smile.
9. She gave me my two youngest nephews, who are the sweetest boys on the face of the earth, aside from Cayden. They give the best hugs and their laughs are contagious
8. She knows when I may need encouragement and sends it in the form of an email or a note in the mail.
7. She made me Cayden's scrapbook and gave it to me at his birth. Aside from digital scrapbooking, it's the only scrapping I have done of him. I'd be really far behind without it! :)
6. She's very thoughtful.
5. She's a great wife to D and an awesome mommy to her boys.
4. She is very passionate about things that mean a lot to her.
3. She loves her friends very much.
2. She's very sentimental, though at times you wouldn't realize it.
1. She always shares her photos with me if they have my immediate family in them. This is important since half the time, I don't have my camera with me.


Okay girls! I love you all very much and felt the need to share it with the world.

Numbers 6:24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Philemon 1:4-7 "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints."

Colossians 1:9-12 "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

No comments: