Thursday, June 26, 2008

Taking time to eScape

So I participated in a stamp class last night entitled eScape.  The purpose was to take a break from technology and emails and spend time just having some good old stamping fun.  The cards are super cute and the wrap is even cuter.

See what  I mean?  And of course, this class made me remember, that regardless of all the digital artwork out there.  Regardless of how quick and sometimes easy it is to just sit down at the computer and create something, there is nothing like sitting down and stamping a handmade card and then mailing it out to show how much you care about someone.  And so, for the majority of today, I sat down, and created baby announcement for a friend of mine who is expecting at the end of July.  I used this card as my inspiration and changed it up a bit to help make it just perfect for Emmy.  Emmy and Jaimie found out they were expecting in April.  They have been trying to get pregnant for several  years with no luck.  In fact, I've had both my children in the time they've been trying.  Emmy quit her job to relieve some major stress and quit buying and taking home pregnancy tests because she couldn't handle the disappointment of the constant negative.  She goes into the doctor's office for routine appointment and learns she's pregnant.  Doctor gives her an EDD and then schedules an u/s appointment the following week to double check the EDD.  At that appointment, Emmy learns that she is not only pregnant, but TWENTY FOUR WEEKS pregnant.  She now has 4 months to prepare for baby.  Eek!  Talk about a surprise.  So to continue with the theme, they have decided to wait until delivery to learn the gender of little baby.  This made making baby announcements a little difficult, but I am pleased with my results. 

 

 

 All items used in this project by Stampin' Up!  Cardstock in Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, and Soft Sky.  Grosgrain Ribbon in Barely Banana.  Ink is Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip.  Corners created using Ticket Punch.  Stamp Set used is Bundle of Joy.

That's my gift to her.  25 baby announcements.  I hope she's pleased.  I am :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those anouncements are ADORABLE! I have friends that are waiting to find out the gender of their first due in September and it's killing me! LOL